I must say that I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts. You’ve given me so much to think about. As of today, just one week shy of starting this endeavor, this is where I stand…
* WGU offers one of the best distance learning programs for working adults.
* WGU employees are some of the most passionate advocates for distance education and adult students, that I have ever met.
* WGU has the potential to be a really great place to work, but is has some hard work ahead to get there.
* WGU is growing so fast they’re unable to keep up with some of the changes in structure and strategy that are necessary. It’s getting harder and harder to keep up folks! Can’t you see this?? We can’t do a query of our own students?? We have to tally by hand the number of courses that use a specific learning resource?? The foundation MUST be in place before we can move forward.
* WGU needs to be the innovator they claim to be and establish financial aid policies that hold students accountable. Anything less than this lets down the distance education community, the taxpayers, and WGU employees.
* WGU needs to listen, really listen, to the concerns of their employees. Instituting a new metric that changes employees from top performers to bottom performers within 6 months is a problem. It’s bad for morale and just plain bad policy. The employees did not change, just the metric changed.
Thanks for letting me have a say. I appreciate your support.